Can you handle this? Today is the 15th anniversary of "Bootylicious!"
Destiny's Child members Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland, Michelle Williams debuted the iconic song on this day back in 2001. The ladies didn't coin the term "Bootylicious"—Snoop Dogg used it in his 1992 song "F--k Wt Dre Day (And Everybody's Celebratin')—but Destiny's Child most definitely helped this word make its way into the mainstream. We were ready for that jelly!
In the decade-and-a-half that followed the release of "Bootylicious," Beyoncé become a bonafide superstar. In 2003 she released Dangerously in Love, her first album as a solo artist, and the hits haven't stopped since.
"Bootylicious" takes on different meanings depending on who you talk to, but we can all pretty much agree it's a damn good thing to be. This particular song might be a thing of Beyoncé's past, but she is Bootylicious to this day, y'all. In fact, here are 15 times Queen Bey was badass, confident, empowering, and yes, Bootylicious. (Beckys, take note.)
2. Dec. 25, 2006: Dreamgirls hits theaters and Beyoncé proves her chops as a legitimate actress.
3. Oct. 13, 2008: "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)" becomes an anthem for women everywhere. You know you learned the dance.
4. Aug 28, 2011: Beyoncé reveals her baby bump at the 2011 MTV Music Awards, saying, "I want you to feel the love that's growing inside me!" No one can top this pregnancy announcement—ever.
5. Jan. 7, 2012: Beyoncé gives birth to her and Jay Z's beautiful daughter Blue Ivy Carter. They share the first family photos on her tumblr page. C
6. Jan. 31, 2013: After rumors claiming she lip-synched at President Barack Obama's inauguration get some pickup, Beyoncé sings the national anthem live at the 2013 Super Bowl press conference. Any questions?
7. Feb. 3, 2013: Beyoncé stages a surprise halftime reunion with Michelle and Kelly during the 2013 Superbowl Halftime Show. After her performance, the power is literally knocked out at the stadium.
8. May 31, 2013: Beyoncé shuts down pregnancy rumors without saying a word by posting a photo of her drinking wine and eating sushi. She gets the last word without even speaking.
11. May 17, 2014: Just two days after shocking footage of Jay Z and Solange's elevator fight leaks, Beyoncé Instagrams a smiling photo with her younger sister. Take that, tabloids!
12. Aug. 25, 2014: Beyoncé is honored at the 2014 MTV Video Music Awards with the Video Vanguard Award, which is presented to her by husband Jay Z and daughter Blue.
14. Apr. 23, 2016: Beyoncé releases Lemonade, which seemingly alludes to infidelity in her marriage and targets a certain "Becky with the good hair." Instead of being bitter, Bey's better. She's a woman of action.
15. May 6, 2016: Beyoncé attends the 2016 Met Gala solo, looking absolutely flawless in a latex Givenchy gown. Bow down, Beckys.